Boryeong Mud Festival 2014

13:06

Hello all!

So this week's #wowkoreasupporters mission is to introduce a festival in Korea that I want to go with my friends! Well technically, maybe lots of people will be introducing more romantic events such as Cherry Blossoms Festival in Jinhae, Seoul Lantern Festival in Seoul, International Film Festival in Busan or Seoul International Fireworks Festival. For me, I have been to most of these and I find that since I'm already in my third year in Korea,  I should perhaps try something more exciting and exotic!

Just last month, a friend of mine was telling me about Mud Festival in Korea! And I thought, how interesting and unique a festival that is! Totally didn't expect Korea to have such a festival as well! This year marks the 17th Boryeong Mud Festival! The main event is taking place on the 18 July 2014 and the opening ceremony to this 10-day event will be held the day after. The a whole list of events ranging from street parade to mud massage to mini football competitions and concerts is available here.

Poster for 17th Boryeong Mud Festival 2014


--

So... how do you get there? Boryeong City is located in the Chungcheongnam-do province. Besides driving, there are two public transportation methods you can consider as seen below:

By Train
If you are coming from Seoul, you should first go to Yongsan Railway Station (Line1) to purchase the tickets.

Regular Tickets: 16,000won
Luxury Tickets: 25,200won

You will be getting off at Daecheon Station and it takes a total of 2hr 30min to get there. Upon arrival at Daecheon Station, you will have to take a local bus to Daecheon beach (this is where the event is held).

By Bus
Alternatively, you can take a bus at Seoul Express Bus Terminal (Express Bus Terminal Station, Line3, Exit2) to Daecheon.

Regular Tickets: 9,900won
Luxury Tickets: 14,500won

Similarly, upon arriving at Daechon Bus Terminal, take a local bus to Daecheon beach (approximately 20min bus ride).

--

I am definitely looking forward to attending this event with my friends! Plus, from the past years photos and testimonials, it is definitely a great moment to break out of your comfort zone also meet lots of people from across Korea, across cultures and backgrounds! Definitely an international experience in a local context!

Shall post pictures of the Mud Festival when I visit in July! :)

That's all for today!

Til then,

irenesiah


You Might Also Like

2 comments

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images