2 Days 1 Night @ Jeju Island

16:32

Hello Everyone!

Im glad that my summer class has finally ended and now I'd have the time for the #wowkoreasupporters mission that calls for us to complete a 2D1N tour schedule around anywhere Korea!

So, I figured that I should share my 2D1N Jeju-do Itinerary since I always get questions from my friends on where should they go, and how did I travel around.

Some friends opt for going to catch a taxi when they arrive or tour bus packages. For me, I wanted a tour that is more private for my first trip with my mom and sister. I forgot how did I find out about this English Taxi tour, but I did somehow.


Ever since my visit in 2012, I had been passing on his contact (refer to end of the post) to many friends and friends of friends. So I'm guessing he would have a good business now, hahas. A pity I forgot what was his name, but I only knew I addressed him by Mr Kim. He spoke decent amount of English, and I was lucky because he turned out to be the leader of the Global English Taxi tour group. And so he liaises with his fellow colleagues for such taxi tours. So we had 8 hours of tour a day, two days in total.

Basically, we just have to email him our itinerary, and he would bring us accordingly. He was very nice to inform us on some 'unnecessary' attractions, and brought us to something more worth our visit instead. Also, he brought us to lunch at restaurants that weren't touristy, very local and very delicious too. 




My sister was in-charged of booking our air tickets, and she found really cheap tickets from Jeju Air! I remembered it was only about 100SGD for a round trip per person. Just a note for any foreigners residing in Korea (those of you with Alien Registration Card), you do not need a passport. I learnt it as I was so paranoid to find out that I didn't bring my passport.. only then to realise I can actually check in with my ARC! :) 


It was raining when we first arrived, but Mr.Kim came waiting for us at the Jeju Airport and offered to help us with our luggages :)Because it was raining/drizzling, Mr Kim even prepared raincoats for us! That's very nice of him indeed. And our first stop in the itinerary is Pony Ranch 제주 조랑말 마목장. 

Pony Ranch with Mr Kim



Next in our original plan was to go to Jeju Art Land and Experience Horse Riding, but Mr Kim gave us his honest opinion of Art Land and said it was nothing much there. And because of the bad weather, we cannot do horse riding. Hence, we went to Seopjikoji 섭지코지 and Sunrise Peak 성산인출봉 insteadSeopjikoji is located at the end of the eastern shore of Jeju-do Island. "Seopji" is the old name for the area, and "Koji" is Jeju dialect meaning a sudden bump on land. 

 A very cool coincidental jumpshot with sis

Managed to get Mummy to have a jumpshot with us :)

I cannot remember where did I take photos of these places, Jeju-do is simply too beautiful.



We had lunch, and then proceeded onto Sungeup Folklore Town 성읍민속보존마을, Illchuland ( and Michun Cave), Women's diver Musuem and ended up checking into our accommodation in the late evening at Yeha Guesthouse.

Michun Cave in Illchuland. Entrance Fee: 8,000won each


 Illchuland 
 The famous Hallabong Statue
Sungeup Folklore Town 성읍민속보존마을

The famous Jeju Black Pig inside one of the houses of the Sungeup Folklore Town
Women's Diving Museum
YEHA Guesthouse Jeju
Lobby of YEHA Guesthouse

After a good night's rest, we started off Day 2 of Jeju-do with the famous Mysterious Road 깨비길 It is good that we came in a car, because Mr Kim put his car to neutral and the car was going upwards when the slope was sloping down (aka the car should slide downwards instead). It has earned its name, as objects and liquid appear to roll and flow up the hill instead of down, when, in fact, such image of gravity defiance is an optical illusion rendered by the seemingly high surroundings. (Source: VisitKorea) 

Mom and Sis posing in front of the Mysterious Road LandMark

Next we went for our Horse Riding Experience since it was an awesome sunny & chilly weather. 



Then, we proceeded to the well-known, tallest mountain in Korea - Mt Hallasan (~1935m). The usual hiking trail is known as Yeongsil Trail. But instead of hiking up, we had a taxi ride up hehehe :)





After we went to Yongmeori Turf Ring, Jungmun Daepo Coastal Jusangjeolli Cliff, Jeongbang Falls before ending off with Teddy Bear Musuem. I cannot differentiate the different places, because like I've said before, Jeju-do is simply way too beautiful. Everywhere we go is just like a picturesque, a painting.







Jeju-do is famous for their oranges



Oh yes, and here is the main highlight of the trip, to eat the black pork from Jeju-do! :)




Definitely, it was yummy! 
--

Itinerary Overview
DAY 1
  1. Arrival in Jeju & Pickup by  Mr. Kim
  2. Pony Ranch 제주 조랑말 마목장
  3. Seopjikoji 섭지코지 
  4. Sunrise Peak 성산인출봉 
  5. Lunch Time
  6. Sungeup Folklore Town 성읍민속보존마을
  7. Illchuland (Michun Cave)  일출랜드 
  8. Women's diver Museum 
  9. Check-in to Yeha Guesthouse 
DAY 2
  1. Mysterious Road 깨비길
  2. Mt Hallasan
  3. Yongmeori Turf Ring 용머리해안
  4. Lunch Time 
  5. Jungmun Daepo Coastal Jusangjeolli Cliff 주상절리
  6. Jeongbang Falls 정방폭포
  7. Teddy Bear Musuem 제주 테디베이 뮤지엄
  8. Flight back to Gimpo Airport

Jeju-do is huge, and has different 'must-sees' during different seasons. I had went during the late Spring/early Summer season, so these are the places I had visited. But in early Spring, there is the famous festival known as 'Jeju Canola Blossom Festival'. They are the most majestic during months of April as they paint the entire fields with golden alike flowerslike this:


(Credits: iBuzzKorea)

So if you are wondering about how you can go about with the English Taxi Tour Reservation, here are the contact details:


English Speaking Taxi Guide: Mr. Kim
Contact Number: 010-3691-9774
Total Fees: 300,000원 (8hr for 150,000원)

Just drop him an e-mail for your requested dates, and he is available for those dates, you can send him the itinerary ^^ I had recommended him to my Uncle's friends and relatives, the most recent trip being in June 2014. So I am very certain his contact number and this private taxi tour is still ongoing :)

Hope this helps!

--

Til then,
irenesiah

You Might Also Like

2 comments

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images