Introducing Chuncheon 닭갈비 & Gapyeong 팬션

17:11

Hello again!

This week's #wowkoreasupporters mission calls for us to introduce the city that we are visiting in our next field trip (it's next weekend, yay!) - Chuncheon 춘천 and Gapyeong 가평!


For those of you who haven't already know, Chuncheon is the capital of Gangwon-do province.  The city is known for their Spicy Stir-fry Chicken (aka Dakgalbi) 닭갈비 and also a famous tourist attraction where most dramas and variety shows are shoot, Petite France 쁘띠프랑스.

Gapyeong, on the other hand, is located at the edge of Gyeonggi-do province, it is very close to Chuncheon and hence road trips for this region tend to involve these two places. Gapyeong is known for their pretty resorts/private villas, also known as Pension 팬션 in Korean. Also, this is the station to get off at for your trip to yet another famous tourist attraction, Nami Island 남이섬.

--

So, there are literally tons of dakgalbi restaurants in Chuncheon because that's what they are famous for. I went on Naver to check on good reviews of restaurants and I came about three blogs that reviewed the same restaurant. Hence I figured that this might be a good restaurant to try out! (Photos are not taken by me, all credits go to this Korean blogger, you can check out the post here.)

Name of Restaurant: 남춘천 명물닭갈비 
Before stir-frying everything together
 You can stop at this step for a simple meal ...
Or you could go on and add on my favourite - Cheese!! 

Apparently this restaurant has been opened for 40 years, appeared on KBS and SBS. And was also the crowned as No. 1 in Gangwon-do province amongst Naver netizens! Looking at these photos, I am so craving for some dakgalbi right now! 

Cold Noodles 냉면to go with in this hot Summer
*Slurps* 
My all-time favourite, Fried Rice 볶음밥 after the meal!
Wrapping up with healthy vegetables, the Korean way!

Whenever someone asks what is my favourite Korean food, hands down it's always gotta be this dish. I love it so much, especially if they have cheese rice cakes 치즈떡 for me to add into my dakgalbi. And it will definitely be completed with the fried rice because somehow the fried rice just tastes so good with the leftover sauce! *yums*

남춘천 명물닭갈비 
Address: 강원도 춘천시 퇴계동 875-2
Contact No.: 033-254-9922
Opening Hours: Daily 10AM ~ 10PM (Open all-year round)

How to get there?
From NamChunCheon Station (Gyeongchun Line), take the following buses: 

Menu/Pricing:


--

Next, I'd love to introduce something that it's on the top of my bucket list which I have yet to mark a 'tick' on it because I'd not found time to go for it. I'd think that this is a perfect dating place for couples, bonding session for family or even for a girly heart to heart session!

The concept of 'Pensions' in Korea (not retirement pensions, but private villas) is something like a 'Chalet' in Singapore, but more private and classy. There are hundreds of pensions just around Gapyeong region itself, and I personally think they are way more worth it than staying in hotels. There are many pensions specifically targeted at couples, so their themes are very much overly romantic or mushy with roses or 'exotic' atmosphere. I prefer something more modern and classy. And after much naver-ing, I found out the perfect one that I can't wait to ask the girls if they're interested! (Yunghian & Grace if you're reading this.. hahahah)

Casaverde 까사베르디
Contact No.: 010-9700-8703
Reservation/Consultation Time: 9AM ~ 8:30PM

Let me just show you the pictures I got from their website:

Casaverde 까사베르디 
Can't wait for a dive in this pool, surrounded by the beautiful greenery!
One of the rooms available in the Pension
 Love the modern yet mother nature contrasts on the outside!
Special moments you could share with your loved ones
 Jacuzzi in every type of the rooms in the Pension!
Overview of one of the rooms! 

Aren't these photos AMAZING or what? Hahahas. One of the biggest reasons that is stopping me from to these pretty pensions is because of transportation. It is always better to be able to drive there since they are usually located further remote areas for privacy. BUT! I found out that this place actually provides pick-up service! (I'm sooo gonna make a trip here soon!)


When you arrive in Gapyeong Station (or the Bus Terminal), you should see a grocery store called 씨씨 할인마트. There will be a vehicle there waiting to pick up passengers going to the pension. There frequency is about 20 times a day. The pick-up service starts from morning (they didn't state the time, I'm assuming around 8~10AM) and ends at 8:30PM. On the day of your departure from the pension, go the cafe (there is a cafe/bar lounge in the Pension) by 11AM and they will send the guests back to the Gapyeong Station. 

How much does it cost?
Personal jacuzzi, large open swimming pool, beautiful mother nature, big TV screens, modern interior design and even a Kitchen! Maybe around the price of a night stay in a 5* Hotel? 500~600USD a night? Not even close! Because it is a non-peak 비성수기season right now, they are having promotions! The cheapest room starts from 160,000KRW! (w/o discount, 200,000KRW) The most expensive room I saw from the website is 280,000KRW (w/o discount, 350,000KRW). Way much more worth it than staying in a hotel, in my opinion :)

Reservation:
If you're interested in looking at availability of the rooms, you could check it out here: http://www.ddnayo.com/RsvSys/Calendar.aspx?id_hotel=863

The dates in red means reservation is complete (aka reserved). The ones in green means availability. If you ever see any dates in blue, it means someone is making a reservation.

--

Alrights, thank you for making to the end of my post again! I am really looking forward to next week's #wowkoreasupporters field trip to Chuncheon and Gapyeong for some water games. And I would love to go to this Pension when time allows definitely!

Til then,
irenesiah

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images