Korean Drama Filming Locations - Korean Folk Village

22:45

Hello All!

This week's #wowkoreasupporters mission came a little (way too) late. I had been busy with summer classes and procrastination (as usual). So this week's mission was to introduce my favourite Korean drama, and it's filming location in Korea. However, to be honest, I am not a big K-Drama fan. Or rather, I had not been catching up with dramas of any series lately because I just do not really have the habit to do so. The only K-drama that I could say I really watched and love it was Dream High (Part I). I did not complete Dream High II either. And I know that recently there have been a whole rave over the latest popular drama called My Love From the Star, and they had recently set up an exhibition place at Dongdaemun Design Plaza (DDP) for the pubic to visit. I kinda figured that everyone would most likely be talking about this, so let me just briefly talk about Korean drama filming locations as a whole, and a little bit more on Korean Folk Village. For more information on the exhibition at the DDP, you may refer to my friend, Pheuron's blogpost here, she had a wonderful detailed post on her recent visit :)

If you were to refer to the website here, there is a list of Korean dramas with respective filming locations when you click into them. Of them all, my favourite drama that I know well would definitely be Dream High and followed by The Moon That Embraces the Sun (I watched it on my flight from Singapore to Toronto). Well I just realised, coincidentally, all 3 dramas that I had mentioned that I actually watched, had Kim Soo Hyun as the protagonist. I guess he first raised to stardom with his excellent drama acting (and singing) skills in Dream High, followed by the next hit drama entitled The Moon That Embraces the Sun and lastly, the latest being My Love From the Star. Anways, I shall not digress and go back to the topic on filming location. Many dramas, especially those that have scenes of the olden/Joseon dynasty era, are filmed at either Yongin MBC Dramia and Korean Folk Village which have tours and/or public access.

For more information on tour packages to Yongin MBC Dramia, you may visit the following two packages:

1. K-City Tour 
http://english.visitkorea.or.kr/enu/GK/cms_list_3157.jsp?cid=1919640 
2. Trip 50(A) Yongin MBC Dramia Tour (Half day Tour) http://english.visitkorea.or.kr/enu/GK/cms_list_3157.jsp?cid=1915794 

As the Korean Folk Village is a popular filming location, the drama on My Love From the Star also had scenes filmed here. For more information on latest events, visit the website here:
http://www.koreanfolk.co.kr/multi/english/event/now_view.asp?seq=14&pg=1



Beautiful Scenery @ KFV

'Sungkyungkwan Scandal' Drama (if I'm not wrong)

Korean Traditional Folk Dance 

15,000krw Per Adult 
My sister had recently visited KFV and seemed to have a lot of fun there (more than they thought, I remembered). So, credits to my sister for these photos taken above! Personally, I think the Korean Folk Village is a worth a visit since there are quite some activities that you could do there. If you love Hanboks or traditional costumes like I do, you can experience traditional costumes from the Historical Drama, experience a ride in a Palanquin, and also snap photos at the historical photo zones set up. Also, if you are bringing kids along, there is a small amusement park known as the Play Village! :)

--

Opening Hours:



Ticketing Price:



How to get there?
You may travel by subway or hop onto the shuttle bus that is provided. Refer to here for more information.

--

I hope you may find this post useful! See you guys again in my next post :)

xoxo,
irenesiah

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images